Contemporary villa overlooking rocky hillside
8位旅人 · 4間睡房 · 4.5間浴室
In spite of its imposing name, Desert Fortress is a welcoming haven in the rugged California landscape. Tucked beneath a rugged hill behind the gates of La Quinta Resort and Club, this luxury Desert Cities vacation rental uses water features, palm trees and resort-worthy outdoor living spaces to create an inviting oasis. Its bright modern interiors and four bedrooms can easily accommodate up to eight friends or family members for a golf getaway, shopping excursion or a warm-weather escape.
The walk to the front entrance of Desert Fortress sets the tone of the villa, with two inviting water features and arrangements of local plants and stones. The look is echoed in the beautiful private backyard, where a heated pool and hot tub bordered in sandstone take on the look of naturally formed swimming and soaking spots. There are plenty of lounge chairs, a barbecue and an al-fresco dining area in the shade of the house. Serve drinks from the swim-up bar or the bar just inside the great room.
Contemporary architecture and an eclectic mix of modern furnishings give the interiors of Desert Fortress vibrant appeal. The rooms are airy and open, with high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, generous proportions and creamy tile floors that reflect light back into the space. Pale stone fireplaces in the living room and media room add hits of natural texture, while designer pieces like the Louis Ghost dining chairs offer both comfort and on-trend lines. Not only do guests have the choice of the living room or media room, they also have the option of taking meals at the formal dining area, in the breakfast nook or at the breakfast bar in the fully equipped kitchen.
Each of the four bedrooms at Desert Fortress has an en-suite bathroom. There are two bedrooms with king beds, including the honeymoon-worthy master suite, which has its own indoor and outdoor lounge areas, a steam shower and a convenient desk and computer. The other two bedrooms have a queen bed and two twin beds, respectively.
A holiday at Desert Fortress can be as relaxed or active as you like. From the villa’s location in the shadow of the Santa Rosa Mountains, it’s a short drive to five-star shopping, dining and spas, Indian Wells Tennis Garden and the Coachella festival grounds. With nearly 80 courses in the Coachella Valley, golfers of all handicaps will find something to please, and avid explorers won’t want to miss nearby national parks and reserves such as Joshua Tree National Park. The closest airports to the villa are Bermuda Dunes and Palm Springs.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Sofa bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Steam Shower, Lounge area, Television
- Bedroom 4 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Steam Shower, Dual Vanity, Bidet, Walk-in Closet, Lounge area, Television, Terrace, Outdoor furniture, Desk, Computer
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast nook
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Great room
- Ceiling fans
- Security system
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Wheelchair accessible
- Swimming Pool (mandatory $75 daily heating fee)
- Hot tub
- Alfresco dining with seating for 4
- Sun loungers
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 4.5 miles to Indian Wells Tennis Garden
- 6 miles to Coachella Festival Grounds
- 6.5 miles to TPC Stadium Golf Course
- 7 miles to Nicklaus Tournament Resort Course
- 8 miles to The Palms Golf Club
- 9 miles to Palm Desert
- 33 miles to Joshua Tree National Park
- 8 miles to Bermuda Dunes Airport (UDD)
- 23.6 miles to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
Bermuda Dunes Airport (UDD)
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
PGA West Clubhouse
Indian Wells Tennis Garden
Coachella Festival Grounds
Nicklaus Tournament Resort Course
Joshua Tree National Park