Long Lake is perfect for fishermen and boaters alike. We tend to be a bit quieter than some of the other lakes in the area, and we like it that way! Come and relax on the deck, dock your boat (or cast your line) on our private dock, play in the sand on our private beach, or go for a swim!
We have 100ft of lake frontage on Long Lake, an all sports lake, where the fishing and boating are fabulous! The kids will LOVE the new Bunkhouse with four nautical bunk beds, as well as the sandy beach and swim area, fire pit, and fish/swim platform. Two large living areas, perfect for games and TV, and a fully equipped kitchen. We have a paddle boat, a private dock, a private boat ramp, a huge deck with a grill, lots of seating, and several tables available for your use.
The entire front of the house overlooks the lake for a gorgeous view. Relax in our deck chairs and watch a beautiful sunrise over the lake, or roast s’mores over the rock fire pit.
You will have access to the entire house. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you should need during your stay to prepare meals, except the food! Towels and sheets are also provided.
We're on a quiet, gravel, dead-end road with very little traffic.
We are close to Hillsdale College in charming Hillsdale, MI. Coldwater, MI and Angola, IN are also just short drives away.
Shopping and antiquing are a must-do while here.
There are a few little shops close by for pizza, sandwiches, and snacks, and lots of restaurants in town.
Guests have access to the house, yard, 100 ft of lake access, a sandy beach, a dock, a boat launch, and a paddle boat.
Cell phone service is spotty so you’ll want an app that will enable you to make wifi calls.
We are most comfortable with those who introduce themselves with complete profiles and an introduction.
1. Smoking: Outside only. All butts or other remnants must be removed or trashed appropriately by Guest before check out.
2. Guests: No unregistered visitors are allowed to use our facilities or amenities. Additional guests may be added if notice is given to Homeowner or his agent, name added to the contract, and additional $20 paid for each guest over the maximum of 6 per night.
3. Parties/Events: Under no circumstances will excessively loud, disruptive, or illegal behavior be tolerated. Keeping your enjoyment of the outdoors to a reasonable noise level is greatly appreciated, especially by the neighbors! Modest events may be acceptable and will be decided on a case by case basis. Additional fees may apply.
4. Lake Rules: Long Lake has No-Wake hours between 7 p.m. and 11 a.m. that are strictly enforced by DNR. The traffic flow on the lake runs counterclockwise.
5. Amenities: Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
6. Fire: Please do not have any open flames in the house, including candles. The fireplace is not operational during the summer. There is a fire-pit outside for your use and wood on the north side of the house for your use. If you need help with this let us know!
7. Pets: Not allowed.
8. Parking: Parking is limited to 3 vehicle(s). Vehicles should park on the back side of the house just off of the road.
9. Housekeeping: Linens and bath towels are included in the rental rate, but daily maid service is not. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit. Beach towels are the exception.
10. Garbage: Please stow all garbage in the receptacle located at the back of the house.
11. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic system, and the mineral content in the water is high. The well water may have an odor at times. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given due to weather conditions.
13. PROBLEMS: Please let us know if anything is missing, broken, or if there is any problem whatsoever. Your safety and overall experience during your stay in our home are our highest priorities!