This room is particularly suitable for guests who enjoy their own space, as it is larger than suites 1 & 2, and features a mini lounge corner. The colonial style and location of this room creates more of a private feel, with less natural light than the poolside rooms. The private ensuite bathroom is made up with fluffy white towels. As with all our rooms, good air conditioning and a fan ensure guests are at their most comfortable during their stay. We serve breakfast from 8 till 10.
"The house" - It's a cosy place, with 5 private double rooms. It's generally pretty quiet during the day when most guests are out exploring this lovely city. We have a large & well equipped kitchen which guests are welcome to use, and offers round the clock access to bottomless Colombian coffee!
"Breakfast" - From 8 till 10 we have a delicious (self service) breakfast waiting for you.
This means waking up with: a fresh juice, coffee, a pastry from the best bakery, eggs, cereals/oats, milk, toasted bread with marmalade.
"Refresh service" - We offer for the guest who stay longer than two days a refresh service! Which means: a made bed, clean towels, floor and bathroom.
"Wifi" - In this old colonial house we enjoy the super thick walls that come with it, unfortunately the wifi signal doesn't and the signal can be a bit weak in the rooms. But have no fear, we have 3 routers that make sure the signal is super strong in the common areas.
"No hot water" - Sorry guys no hot water! But in the sweatiest city of Colombia you will be happy to have a cold stream of water in your neck!
"Colonial house history" - We would love to host you in our beautiful colonial house, conveniently located in “El Centro” - Cartagena’s historic city center. Here we have created an upbeat yet relaxed space to provide guests with a 'home away from home’. It’s a very welcoming home, with friendly people and good vibes, a place for you to chill out while visiting Cartagena. The building is famous as it was once ‘Casa de la Chicheria’, a house where Chicha (a traditional Colombian drink) was made 500 years ago.
Our guests can enjoy the pool, the huge working space (with scanner and printer), chill out area, and a hammock.
"Kitchen" - If you are a kitchen prince(ss), we offer a toastie maker, blender, nutribullet, juicer, stove with oven and a BBQ. Keep your stuff cold in your private part of the fridge.
"Corona fan?" - We also sell for a small price, always perfectly cold coronas with lime!
Beth is always in for a chat, give you advice, or help you around. 99% of the time one of us will be there to meet you. Bram and Roos now live in a nearby neighbourhood 10 minutes away, and pop back regularly to make sure all is good and "tranquilo" in the Oasis.
We also have some great contacts around Cartagena if you're looking for tour packages, beach clubs or day trips in the surrounding areas. Just ask Beth if you fancy doing any of the following things:
- Diving (PADI certified) or snorkelling in the coral reef near the Rosario Islands. Hang out with baby turtles and iguanas on the islands.
- Day passes to resorts in the Rosario Islands - including buffet lunch, access to the swimming pool and sunbeds. Pure luxury!
- Day trip to Playa Blanca, a stunning white-sand beach near Cartagena, including a traditional Colombian lunch. Enjoy the bluest seas you've ever seen and chill out under a palm tree.
- Day trip to the Mud Volcano, including a traditional Colombian lunch. Float in mud like a happy hippo and do your skin a favour at the same time!
- Day trip in canoe through the mangroves with a traditional Colombian lunch and entrance to the archaeological park. Eco tourism at its finest! Learn about the importance of the mangroves to the local community.
- Day trip to the Botanical Gardens. Feel the magic of the flora and fauna of this incredible country by meeting monkeys, butterflies, and weird and wonderful plants!
- Transport to the local aviary. See some of Colombia´s most exotic species of birds flying over your head.
- Blue Apple Beach Club, including transport by speedboat both ways. Chill out in this exclusive-feeling beach club away from the madness of the city.
- "La Chiva Rumbera" this one´s for the party goers! Tour the city by night in a traditional Colombian party bus. Ticket price includes bottomless rum, typical fried food, and entrance to a local disco.
- Help with transport to Santa Marta and Tayrona Park.
- Bike rental by hour or by day. Pretend you're Shakira or Carlos Vives and take "la bicicleta" on a ride around town.