Stay in a remodeled, 1945, cottage that sits on 9 acres of forest. Sleep in a luxurious, king-size bed & wake to sounds of birds singing. Sip coffee & view distant, granite peaks from a deck surrounded by flowering gardens. See deer stroll by. Spend your days exploring Yosemite & Bass Lake. Post pictures or stream movies with an ASUS Router & Apple TV. Feel comfy with Fujitsu, HVAC unit. Share stories & plan tomorrow's adventures. Make life-long memories here. Here in my beloved, childhood home.
800-square-foot cottage was hand-built in 1945 by the previous owner who worked at the North Fork Mill. My parents spent many years upgrading it. Interior walls were removed so the sleeping area, sitting area, and kitchenette are in one, large open space. French doors open to a small deck with comfortable, patio furniture. It feels especially cozy on winter nights when the woods fill with snow. There is a newly, installed Fujitsu unit that provides heating and air-conditioning, so you'll feel comfortable. Kitchenette has a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster oven. It is designed to prepare light meals only --like you would in a hotel suite. I love the box windows and polished, copper sink from Mexico. A carved, teak armoire houses the Apple TV and Blu-Ray, DVD player. There are all kinds of small touches that make this feel like a place that is well-cared for and loved. The king-size bed is very supportive and has nice linens. The second room in the cottage is large. It contains a full-size bed, laundry area, and bathroom. The bathroom is unusual as the shower is small and the toilet sits in a large closet --think of an indoor, outhouse, in light, yellow paint! Both are super tidy as the toilet is new and the shower is freshly tiled.
You can access all areas inside the cottage with the exception of one, locked closet.
I sincerely wish I could greet you and thank you for choosing my family home for your trip. I could never keep this place without your kindness and support. However, I live in Southern California, so my onsite hosts (who live 1/4 mile away) are available if you need any help.
*Cottage feels secluded and is located on nine acres with another, larger cabin. That larger cabin may be rented by another guest during your stay. You are looking at the cottage. *It is small (800-square-feet with one bathroom) and can only accommodate two adults.
*No cooking is possible as there is no oven, stovetop, or dishwasher. Upside: you can spend your days having fun without cooking, cleaning, or washing dishes!
*Entire cleaning fee of $75 goes to a lovely woman and her daughter. They are "on demand" and spend four hours cleaning, doing laundry, re-stocking, and hauling away trash. This translates to $18.75 per hour. I believe every honest, hardworking person should earn a living wage. My rental price is low (and the cottage is spotless) to compensate you for the high cleaning fee.
You are renting a private, long-loved, family home. I grew up here and all my memories of my lost parents are here. Please treat it with the same care and respect you would show to your best friend's home. By renting this property, you are agreeing to the following rules.
1. Check-in is after 4:00 P.M. PST and Check-out is by 11:00 A.M. PST. No Early Check-ins or Late Check-outs without my written permission.
2. Smoking is not allowed at the property under any conditions.
3. Pets or Animals are not permitted on the property under any conditions.
4. Fires or Candles are not permitted under any conditions.
5. Maximum Occupancy- The maximum number of guests on the property (at any time during your stay) is limited to two (2) persons (i.e., adults and children).
6. The property may not be used for filming, parties, social gatherings, wedding parties, or events.
7. Guests may have one (1) cars parked on the property.
8. Damage/Security Deposit- A damage/security deposit of $250 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; and is fully refundable, provided none of the Rental Rules and Regulations are violated and the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. Stains on sheets, blankets, carpet, or furniture are considered to be damage, not normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All food and trash are placed in outside containers, and dirty dishes are cleaned.
d. No linens, blankets, pillows, or towels are lost or damaged.
e. No interior items are lost, broken, torn, or stolen.
f. The renter(s) is not evicted by the owner (or onsite host) or local law enforcement.
g. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
h. The unit is left locked.
i. Keys are returned to the lock box on the front door.
j. Heating and air-condition unit is turned off.
9. Inclusive Fees - Price includes a one-time, linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
10. No Daily Maid Service - While linens and bath towels are included in the houses, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
11. Acts of Nature, War, Terrorism, or other unforeseen events – No refunds will be given for electrical outages, floods, earthquakes, fire, snow, rain, heat, cold, temperature changes, wind, war, or terrorist caused events.
12. Falsified Reservations - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
13. Storm Policy/Road Conditions – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy, steep, and contain hazards. Roads are well maintained. However, I highly recommend four-wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. I do not refund due to road conditions.
14. This property is privately owned; the Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for theft or loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Renter(s) including damage to vehicles or its contents. By accepting this Rental Agreement, it is confirmed that all Renters are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
15. Written Exceptions - Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing, in advance.
**By renting this property through Airbnb, you agree to all of the above rules.**