This is a Fully-furnished, Bright and Airy Attached Studio Apartment with its own private entrance in one of the best neighborhoods of Albany!
Perfect for somebody looking for a quiet getaway, yet still in the heart of all of Albany's action!
The home is a raised ranch, and your apartment is on the lower level - which has your own private keypad entry, big beautiful windows, heating and A/C, free wifi, free Roku TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime, and walks out to a beautiful shared backyard with a patio, a grill, a hammock, a fenced-in yard, and a table and chairs.
The spacious apartment offers a living room area, dining room area (with extra stools available), an exercise area, a bedroom area, a kitchenette (no oven) and a full bathroom with lots of storage.
This property is located minutes from just about EVERYTHING!!!!!
So drive, walk, take a bus, or ride your bike to St. Rose College, St. Peter's Hospital, SUNY, the State Offices, Downtown Albany, The Capital Building and Capital State Plaza (architectural gems!), The New York State Museum (free museum with free historic carousel on top floor!), The Egg Performing Arts Center, The Palace Theater, Washington Park, Albany Medical Center and so much more!
It's about a 15min walk to some of Albany's best restaurants, bars, coffee shops, a movie theater, grocery stores, and libraries. It's a couple blocks from a park with a jogging/walking trail around a natural pond with ducks, turtles, fish and geese.
It's close to the 85 fwy, which connects to the 90, so very accessible to LOTS of great nearby destinations:
Troy and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) (15min). The Saratoga Raceway and SPAC (30min). Lake George (50min). Lake Placid (2hrs). The Adirondack, Birkshire, and Catskill Mountains (~1hr). New York City (2.5hrs). Boston (2.5hrs). Montreal (3.5hrs). Burlington, VT (3hrs). Buffalo (4hrs). **Which makes this the perfect home base for doing some seriously awesome Northeast Traveling!!!**
- private keypad entrance
- shared access to the backyard tables, chairs and grill
- kitchenette stocked with full fridge, double hot plate burner, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, pots, pans, cooking utensils, dishes and dishware (note: there is no oven and bathroom sink doubles as kitchen sink)
- Beds: one very comfortable pillow-top queen bed and one also very comfortable, firmer futon couch that folds out into a double/full-sized bed. The room is automatically set up in the one-bed/one couch configuration. If you'd prefer 2 beds, please let us know. There is also an extra twin mattress and a baby's pack-n-play that could be used if requested ahead of time.
- full bathroom - with shower, closet and plenty of storage
- FREE off-street parking (you'll get the left side of our private driveway)
- an exercise bike, games, and a binder full of brochures and recommendations
- FREE Wifi
- FREE Roku TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime
- Heating and A/C
- Washer/Dryer - only available upon request for longer stays
- Pets considered - an extra $15/day cleaning fee will be required; please also read the full Pet Policy under House Rules
Our interaction can be as minimal or present as you wish! We can provide recommendations on where to go and what to see, or we can completely leave you be!
As your host, I am available via text/phone at any time during your stay, in hopes of making your stay as enjoyable as possible!
**Stays longer than 7 days will require an additional cleaning fee for every 7 additional days. We will clean the apartment and do laundry (towels, bed sheets, etc) as needed; we will coordinate a time that works best for our guests.
- Out of respect for our neighbors (and your super awesome hosts), quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am.
For everyone's safety, we ask that our guests do NOT use the fireplace during their stay.
- Pets Are Considered for an additional cleaning fee of $15/night (pet fee will be added to price after booking)
- Please keep pets off the furniture to minimize hair and dirt - thanks!
- Pets are only allowed in the yard when accompanied by their owners, in order to prevent them from digging, getting into our vegetable garden, or using our front or back yards, or neighbors' yards as their potty. There is a park just down the street with a walking trail around a pond and trash cans, which you can walk them to; there are also a few great dog parks you can drive to!
- Pets are not to be left unattended in the apartment; if you must leave them in the apartment, they should be crated. We have a crate that can be borrowed if necessary - we just expect to get it back in the same condition as when you received it.
**Note: we also have a dog, but she will be kept completely separate during your stay.