This spacious and charming apartment is on the first floor of a typical late 19th century building. It is located in a typical old Lisbon quarter with all the charm of an old village. The apartment has been renovated quite recently to offer you total comfort and all the modern conveniences. Kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to prepare a homemade meal. It has one big bedroom with a double bed, a big closet to store your belongings, and in the living room a comfortable sofa bed to sleep two. So ideally the maximum capacity should be 4 persons, but there´s one extra sofa bed that can easily be converted into an individual bed to sleep an extra person, and it can be placed either in the spacious bedroom, or in the living room.
Registered with the Tourism of Portugal under the # 8858/AL.
SOME FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS: ( ALL INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PRICE )
- Wireless Internet Connection
- Baby Crib and High Chair Available Upon Request
- Fresh Towels and Bed Linen Available
- Fully equipped kitchen with all domestic appliances, kitchen Utensils, Cutlery, Pots and Pans, Toaster, Coffee Machine, Kettle etc...
- Final cleaning included in the total price!
- Many other amenities ( check the amenities section )
- This apartment is personally managed. You will have the guarantee of a warm welcome by one of the members of our staff who will explain you how everything works in the apartment and will give you all the needed information and hints and tips of Lisbon for a perfect stay. You will always be in touch with us. We are reachable 24h a day thanks to our emergency call line! At your arrival a map with the major facilities around the area will be available at the apartment.
PROVIDED SERVICES WITH A FEE:
- Airport - Apartment Transfer in private transportation upon request
ACCESS / TRANSPORTS:
City center is less than 15 minutes walking, so you will be able to enjoy most of Lisbon´s attractions by foot! You have however buses, trams and metro nearby running every minute:
TRAM: Famous Tram 28 takes you to the city center and most picturesque Lisbon districts - runs 100 meters from the apartment
METRO: Rato and Baixa/Chiado metro stations are just 15 minutes walking from the apartment (yellow and blue lines)
BUSES: buses 727, 758
TRAIN STATIONS: Santos Train Station is at 10 minutes walking. This train will take you to the historical site of Belém and to the Estoril/Cascais villages and beaches.
THE NEIGHBORHOOD IN DETAIL
- Supermarket, ATM Machines: 3 minutes walking distance
- Authentic Restaurants, Cafés, Pastry Shops and Bakeries
- Swimming Pool (Nautical Portuguese Club). 15 minutes walking distance
- Night Bars and Clubs: 5 - 10 minute walking
- Pharmacy: 3 minute walking distance
- Biological Open Air Market Every Saturday Morning in Principe Real Square
Rua das Parreiras is the name of the street where this apartment is located in Príncipe Real district. This is a very quiet street, in a historical residential area, but a few steps away you can find a district full of life, supermarkets, tree shaded cafés, authentic restaurants. and shops, especially arround the Praça das Flores, a romantic, cozy leafy square garden. On this peacefull spot, surrounded by old buildings maintaning its original lines, people chat and children play. Native People from Lisbon! This place has attracted artists, intelectuals and politicians (The Parliament is a few meters away) At your arrival a map with the major facilities arround the area will be at your disposal in the apartment.
Right in front of the apartment stands the São Bento Palace. This palace in Rua de São Bento houses the Portuguese Parliament. Rua de São Bento is also well known for its antique shops and galleries and for the House-museum Amália, as it was the home of the Fado Diva singer Amália Rodrigues.
From Rua Cruz dos Poiais you are a few minutes walking from two of the most picturesque bairros (quarters in Portuguese) in Lisbon: Bairro Alto and Bica . Start Climbing Calçada do Combro, a street dividing Bairro Alto to your left and Bica to your right.
The traditional but trendy Bairro Alto has a renowned lively and vibrant nightlife, and Bica with the Bica funicular and the Santa Catarina Belvedere as its main attractions, is a quarter where you can feel the calmness of daily life of local citizens, like if you were in a little village.
The sophisticated and glamourous Chiado district in the city center is also quite near. About 15 minutes walking distance.
The Tagus river waterfront is also a few minutes walking. The broad Avenida Dom Carlos I, leads down towards the Tagus, the neighborhood of Santos, and Avenida 24 de Julho both known for being very lively at night with many bars and clubs. Crossing the rail line you will find yourself next to the river and here you can enjoy a promenade or being sited in one of the esplanades having a drink while watching the river and the bridge.
The area is also well served with public transportation. Two metro stations from two different lines are about 15 minutes walking. Chiado station and Rato Station.
Buses and trams are running every minute. Tram nº 28 is a very famous touristic tram which winds is way through the most picturesque parts of Lisbon, namely the Alfama and Castle area has a stop a few meters from the apartment. In Santos trains take you to Belém, Estoril and Cascais.