You would sleep on a leather couch in the living room. You would have access to the guest bathroom and kitchen. The place is conveniently located near Westwood, Sawtelle District, Brentwood and Santa Monica. Its near bus lines/routes.
The sofa is in the living room of a 2 bedroom apartment. The neighborhood is mostly either college students attending Santa Monica College or UCLA, or young professionals. Its a relaxed neighborhood but just a block away from a very busy thoroughfare of Santa Monica Blvd. which is a part of the historic Route 66. I would normally greet you when you check in and help you settle in, but otherwise, we are mostly out and about enjoying what our city has to offer to both locals and tourists alike. I am a tour guide on weekends, so I can help offer advice in planning your itinerary to the City of Angels and Southern California.
You would have access to the guest bathroom and the kitchen.
You will be provided with the following:
Towel, bed sheet, shampoo, soap, and toilet paper.
Iron and hair dryer by request.
Wireless Internet access.
I do have a First Aid Kit.
Access to clean drinking water, and hot water. I do not provide non-perishable snacks - given what I'm only charging per night, my profit margin is too low to cover food and snacks for guests as well. This is a No Frills Sofa in Living Room situation after all.
I am better than a guidebook - I am a tour guide on weekends so I can make a lot of neighborhood and city recommendations - just ask me.
There are also several Los Angeles guide books on the ottoman/coffee table that you can read. Please just leave them in the living room, so that future guests can enjoy them as well.
There is only street parking. However, just half a block away, the Bank of America parking lot is FREE to park at from 6 PM to to 9 AM, when the bank is closed.
Todd and I don't spend too much time at home since we tend to be out and about, but since I am a tour guide, I can definitely provide you with tips to get around town and what places to visit and dine at. I am just a call or text message away. JV works in local restaurants and enjoys interacting with guests when he is home. Don't be surprised if he also happens to have a friend or two visiting (but not staying over)) during your stay - JV is a very social person.
I normally don't get home from work on weekdays until 7:30 PM or so, so if you plan to check in earlier before that time, then you need to let me know well in advance before I leave for work that morning.
If you Check Out in the Morning, but your Flight does not leave until the evening, let me know if advance and I can make arrangements to have them stored in the balcony or my bedroom, so you can freely explore LA on your last day before you leave town.
1) You must be the person who is actually staying at my place. I do not allow airbnb users to make reservations for other people to come in their place. This is my home and I don't feel secure if the person staying over at my place is not the airbnb account user who made the reservation.
2) I can only host one guest at a time. If there are two or more of you, no, I cannot accommodate you all, and hope you can find a room elsewhere.
3) Please do not ask me to lower my price on the room or try and pay in cash instead. The price is low enough already. Plus Airbnb offers insurance coverage, so I expect you to book and pay via airbnb, rather than by a cash transaction.
4) You must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently. If the most you can do is answer 'Yes' or "No', then my place will not a good fit for you. Also, if your name is listed in Chinese, Korean or Japanese, or some other non English characters, then please provide me with the English pronunciation of your name. Otherwise, I'm at a loss on how to pronounce your name and what to call you by.
5) No illegal drugs.
6) You can smoke in the balcony, but only while in the balcony.
7) You must practice good hygiene and clean up after yourself, especially in the shared bathroom.
8) No pets allowed - we already have 2 dogs.
9) Be mindful when you use the guest bathroom and kitchen.