We are in a lovely, sunny BOURNEMOUTH LOCATION, 2 minutes walk to the beach. This is a beautiful bright, tidy, friendly, clean, modern room in our home with access to shared sitting room, garden & sundeck, free parking (book in advance!) - all at a reasonable price! Your holiday starts right here! :-)
(Please note - If you are looking for a room with SEA VIEWS, please also check out our other listing BEAUTIFUL SEAVIEW ROOM KING BED, SLEEPS 4- VEGGIE!)
Please note, this is the quick T&C version, more below:
- please have a look and read our full online house description & rules below. There is a lot of the information on there that you need to know in advance of your stay, including that our lovely home is:
- no separate apartment but a room in our home on a room only basis
- not self-catering, you can bring own breakfast items as long as they are vegetarian or vegan
- ONLY the person booking and their named guest group can stay. You must give details ie names, ages of who is travelling with you. Anyone coming who is not on the guest list will not be permitted to stay as we are not insured for this.
- 2 bathrooms shared with other guests
- we have cats
- we allow vegetarian/vegan food in our home only for snacks, not full cooking, no exceptions
- no alcohol in our home anywhere including individual rooms
- no smoking anywhere in or around our house
- if you need parking you need to ask in advance, no guarantees
DISCLAIMER: if you need parking you need to ask in advance to reserve a space via messaging on this platform. Even if you have reserved a parking space, we will give no guarantees as to whether the space is available, suitable or to your liking. We also reserve the right to withdraw a parking space without notice, if necessary. On a good note, there is plenty off free off-read parking is available in the area as well as public car parks, but in busy summer months these spaces are quickly gone with 200,000 visitors to the area daily. You decide, and you remain responsible for your car, we take no liability for your possessions.
- If you do not comply with house rules, and/or you or anyone your guest group are behaving in an antisocial way, we reserve the right to remove your access to our property and you will be asked to leave with immediate effect. The person making the booking is liable for all in the guest group and their behaviour.
- if you have any specific needs you need to ask in advance whether this property is suitable, don't leave it to chance or you may not be able to stay and you will lose your money.
We feel very strongly about these and the following common sense rules and just want you to know what to expect so that you can make an educated decision on whether this our home is the right place for you.
If that's all ok with you and all in your guest group are aware, then you would be very welcome here and we would be happy to host you, as our home is a sanctuary in a beautiful spot on the planet.
If you read this and you have instant booked, you have a window of 48 hours in which to cancel without incurring a charge, past that and Airbnb may charge you a service fee, and we as hosts will charge a percentage of your stay within 5 days of your booking.
We are now offering this new amazing, beautiful modern, bright, clean & cosy bedroom suite. The room contains a comfortable king size size bed with orthopedic mattress and warm cosy king-size duvets & freshly laundered pretty covers, extra blankets & bath towels included in the price. There is full central heating in this room, as well as the rest of our home.
Please note that an infant or child up to 2 may stay with you in the room free of charge. We can provide a travel cot but please book this in advance, thank you.
Our home hosts additional access to a large sitting room with access to permaculture clifftop garden, modern bathroom and shower room both with rain shower. We are in a very calm and quiet location but also close enough to Bournemouth town centre (20 min stroll along the beach or take the fun-for-all-ages land train from pier to pier!). All kinds of water sports are available on the seafront, inc surfing, body boarding, kite surfing, SUP & canoeing.
Wi Fi is included free of charge in your stay. You can do Yoga on deck outside, and hopefully catch some amazing sunsets and lights play with the sky over the sea, typical to Dorset! There are gardens just across the road, many beautiful places to visit nearby and so many things to do. You are also within 5 minutes walk to funky and bohemian Boscombe Town Centre, and many interesting Restaurants, Bars, Theatres and children's activities on offer locally and in Bournemouth itself. The O2 is 5 minutes walk uphill from our home. The New Forest is on our doorstep 20 minutes drive away, so is the world-famous Jurassic Coast, 20-40 minutes by car depending on season. 8 miles of white sand beaches, ideal for families and watersports enthusiasts. As featured in Rosamunde Pilcher films and many other film settings, the local Shelley Theatre and building/burial place of Mary Shelley, author of Frankenstein, nearby, and many other places of interest and things to do... there is something for everyone!
We also have a hotel spa in walking distance, with indoor/outdoor pool& jacuzzi, spa & gym. Or why not relax and book yourself in for a de-stress session at the nearby holistic health centre for a hot-stone massage, reiki, or even osteopathy (prices o.a.) - or book in for a free Reiki or Meditation session! We look forward to meeting you, your family and friends.
HOUSE RULES - PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING THANK YOU!
Do’s and Don’ts - sorry it's all common sense really, but has to be done :-)
-BEFORE BOOKING/INSTANT BOOKING: Do please read the following full house rules below so you know what to expect. This is important, as once you book via the Airbnb platform you will automatically be in contract with our house rules as well. It does not happen very often but we have to state that for legal reasons, any breach against our house rules (online and/or on display at our home) during your stay may result in instant cancellation of your stay at our home. In addition, you may in some cases be asked to sign a copy of the house rules on arrival.
If you have problems understanding the following text, please just let us know and ask for clarification. We do not bite! But we do expect our esteemed guests to read our house rules before booking. Even if you do not, they will still apply to you and everyone in your guest group. The main person booking is responsible for ALL in their guest group.
***IMPORTANT. We are a purely VEGETARIAN/VEGAN household so you strictly CANNOT bring non-veg food into our home - and there are no exceptions. We are also an entirely alcohol & drug-free and non-smoking home. Whilst we do not expect all guests to be non-smoking, non-drinking vegetarians, we simply ask everyone to adhere to those rules only whilst in our home. These rules do not apply to you when you are going out.
- We ask all our guests to be mindful of other guests when arriving or getting up/leaving late (after 11pm) or early (before 8am) and to remain as quiet as possible inside our home and outside on the forecourt/in the garden as this is a quiet neighbourhood.
- You are not renting a separate apartment. You are renting a room in our gorgeous family home, where we have rooms suitable for up to 4 guests per room. Please ask before booking if you are unsure the room is suitable for your guest group, and look at the description very carefully (not just the photos) to find out all details first. If in doubt, write to us and ask - we may be able to accommodate extra guests in one of the other rooms we have listed.
-You will not be able to book outside the Airbnb platform when you are enquiring on this platform, even if you have stayed with us before, as this is against Airbnb rules. You may not realise but all conversations are monitored by Airbnb staff and as hosts, we are bound by Airbnb T&Cs. Also, Airbnb have an encrypted messaging service, so you will not be able to send phone numbers, email addresses, images or web links prior to a booking. We will not be able to actually see these until a booking has taken place.
- ONCE YOU HAVE BOOKED: Thank you for choosing us! DO communicate with us prior to your arrival via the Airbnb messaging service, please! Let us know, for example: details (names & ages, relation to you) of who else is travelling with you. This is so we can get your room ready for your stay before your arrival. We want you to have a nice welcome and have the right beds ready for your needs - We have travel cots, toddler beds, futons, sofa beds and full king-size beds! This means that the room layout is different every time, and it is age-and size-related, according to the guest group staying. If the room you are looking at does not seem to offer the right space for your needs, we might have an even better one to suggest – please ask!
- Once you have booked, you MUST give us an arrival time 1 day at the latest, before your arrival. We are a family so we are not always at home like in a hotel. If you experience delays of more than half an hour, we understand this often cannot be avoided, but we fully expect you to keep us updated. If you don’t, you may not be able to get access to our property when you arrive and risk forfeiting your transaction fee for your stay.
-What we look for in a good guest group is mindful, gentle, calm, happy, easy-going, self-sufficient, appreciative, tactful, well-traveled, bright guests from all around the world. We welcome children of all ages, too! Children under 8 must be supervised in our home AT ALL TIMES. We do NOT offer a baby sitting service for legal & safety reasons.
(Please - It goes without saying that we are not looking for party people, stag/hen do’s, careless, unfriendly, rude, ignorant, selfish, drunk, loud, high, untidy, messy or noisy guests whose intention is not to look after our property.) It is common sense with most lovely Airbnb homes.
- We will consider instant dismissal of guests who do not comply with our house rules and have a zero tolerance policy of any abusive behaviour in and around our home.
- Please note: For your convenience, we have two shared bathrooms, a wild garden and shared sitting area with play corner in our home, none of which we guarantee to be child-proof. The downstairs garden room is accessible for wheelchair users, as is the downstairs bathroom, however, the main entrance has a high-step threshold so wheelchair users may have to dismount, and we apologise that we cannot guarantee therefore that our home is 100% wheelchair user-friendly.
- Any damage (including smoke damage) to any of our home, appliances or furnishings can and will be charged against your Airbnb account. We check all guest rooms after departure and will use photographic evidence so that there are no misunderstandings.
- We have cats, and they are a part of our family, too, although they are not allowed in the guest bedrooms for hygiene reasons. Do check if everyone in your guest group is ok with cats, as they will be present in all other areas in our home. We love our cats and cannot accept guests with any pets of their own. If anyone is allergic, they will need to bring their own medication. If anyone is terrified of cats, it is not a good idea to bring them to our home! We have experienced this before, it is not only uncomfortable for them, but also for us and distressing for the cats who may also get stressed and scared. You will not be able to just ‘stay out of the way’. And we already know that we are not the right place for those guests to stay so please consider this before you book.
-You must stick to the parking advice as given by us and park strictly in the allocated spaces – spaces are limited and allocated on 1st come, 1st served basis. There is no guarantee of a car parking space, especially if you have not specifically booked it in advance. You will be asked to leave your car keys at our home in case your car must be moved if it prevents another guest from leaving the forecourt. If you have not pre-booked a space via an Airbnb message to us in advance of your stay, you may not be able to park at our home, but there are lots of spaces free of charge nearby. We regret that even when a booking has taken place, there is no legal guarantee that a space will be available.
-You will be renting a room in our large family home where we also live and other guests may be present at the same time as your guest group. It is a very quiet space especially at night as it’s a large home, and even when full, guests may not always hear or meet each other. However, we ask everyone to use common sense and we fully expect our guests to keep shared rooms as well as their own rooms tidy.
-Our relationship as hosts: We are a very attentive, friendly, smiley & happy family who act as guides in the background, keeping an eye on things without interference unless desired by our guests. We actively enjoy meeting and connecting with our guests from all around the world, but if you prefer to be left alone as much as possible, please advise us of your request in advance and we will respect this. We provide a cleaning service of the general areas including bathrooms, but also ask our guests to clean up after themselves and use common sense, especially when using shared bathroom and shower rooms. Please note that we enjoy presenting you with beautiful clean rooms, clean bathrooms, fresh clean bedding & towels and other services as laid out in our Welcome Brochure, but we do not provide room service, or act as servants, we do not provide transport and we are not trained tour operators or tour guides. We help as much as we can with any question, query, booking info or situation you may have, and can recommend many different places to visit.
- We feel passionate about where we live and protective of our home and the area in our close vicinity. Please don’t litter the beaches. Take your rubbish from your room regularly and use the recycling facility outside our home. A lot of materials like plastics, paper, cardboard, cans and glass can easily be recycled. Any personal waste must be disposed of in the outside bins regularly. Same with our water supply – please do not use excess water when showering or taking a bath, especially in a drought. If you have not used the provided towels, leave them on the beds.
- Any questions you have, please ask and we will endeavour to adequately advise you.
If the above sounds like common sense to you, then we are very much looking forward to hearing from you and meeting you!
We love where we live, in Boscombe 'Spa Village', the area used to be a Victorian Spa Bath and people used to take the sea water for good health! A quiet area only a 20 minute beach stroll away from Bournemouth Town Centre, right on the clifftops, with lots of interesting restaurants on and near the beach, and a vast selection of bars, pubs, eateries just 5mins walk into bohemian Boscombe Town Centre. We've lived here for 15 years and love it!